Autumn is not complete without some kind of pumpkin dessert, in my opinion. It’s the quintessential flavor that I can’t get enough of, so I had to bake something with pumpkin this season.
These pumpkin cheesecake bars are rich and creamy and loaded with pumpkin spice. Just be sure to keep them in the fridge so they keep their shape.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
(Makes about 20-24 small servings)
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour (T55 in France)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs ground flax seed mixed with 3 tbs water)
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
Cheesecake filling :
- 1/2 cup cashews (Soaked in hot water for 1 hour)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
Pumpkin pie filling :
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- 1 tbs pumpkin spice blend
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
For the crust :
- Preheat oven to 190°C or 375°F.
- In a food processor, add 1 cup of the oats. Blend until it reaches a consistency a bit coarser than flour.
- In a bowl, combine the oat flour, remaining 1/2 cup of oats, all purpose flour and almond flour and stir to combine.
- Add the flax egg and melted coconut oil and stir until well mixed.
- Line a glass baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the crust mixture into the glass pan and press evenly into the bottom of the pan until compact.
- Bake the crust for about 15 minutes, or until it just starts to look golden.
For the cheesecake filling :
- While the crust is baking, pour the soaked cashews into the food processor and blend until they become a paste. Scrape the cashews out of the food processor using a rubber spatula and into a large bowl.
- To the cashews, add the coconut milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract, cornstarch and sugar. Mix well using a whisk, then set aside.
For the pumpkin pie filling :
- In another large bowl, combine the pumpkin purée, pumpkin spice, maple syrup, and sugar and stir until combined.
To assemble :
- Once the crust is pre-baked, pour the cheesecake filling on top and then the pumpkin filling. You can use a knife to swirl the two fillings together a bit.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes until the edges start to brown. The center of the filling will still jiggle a little bit, though not much.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool. Then put it in the fridge for a couple of hours to help the filling set before serving.