These vegan raspberry muffins are made with pantry staples, which means that you probably have everything you need at home to make them! And if not, you could easily substitute whatever you have on hand. While we’re all hunkering down at home these days trying to keep each other safe and well, cooking is a great way to pass the time.
Since this muffin batter is a pretty simple mix of ingredients you can quickly throw together, this is the perfect recipe for a cozy mid-morning baking session. And it’s also a great reason to step away from the news app on your phone and clear your mind of coronavirus worries for a bit.
The muffin recipe that adapts to whatever ingredients you have at home.
If you don’t have frozen raspberries on hand you can substitute any other frozen berry. You could even try bananas, apples, nuts, chocolate chips, raisins (with cinnamon!), or maybe even jam or nut butter. You could replace the banana with applesauce and you could probably even leave the flax egg out altogether (or try chia seeds). Any plant-based milk would be fine (you could even whip up a quick almond milk by putting 1 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of almond butter in a blender for a few minutes). You could leave out the oats but would then need to adjust the ratio of wet to dry ingredients.
I haven’t tried any of these variations and can’t guarantee the results. But what I am getting at is that this recipe could work with almost anything you have on hand. It might even help turn your get-me-out-of-the-house cabin fever into an okay-I-can-manage-a-few-more-cozy-days-inside kind of feeling.
Hoping you all can stay healthy and well, as we try to be creative in reaching out to friends and family during this time. We may be more physically isolated than ever right now but I’m grateful we have so much technology that helps us stay connected!
Since these vegan raspberry muffins are made with pantry staples, you can head right to the kitchen and get baking straight away !
Feel free to share this recipe with others who may want to do some baking and let me know how it turns out if you make it! Thanks for stopping by A Veganable Feast!
(Makes 12 muffins)
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seed mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted + extra for greasing the muffin tin
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup oat milk (or any other plant milk)
- 2 cups all purpose flour (T55 in France)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups oats
- 1.5 cups frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F or 190°C. In a large bowl, prepare the flax egg by combining the ground flax seed and water and let sit for 5 minutes. In the mean time, grease a muffin tin well with coconut oil and set aside.
- To the flax egg, add the melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, mashed banana and sugar. Whisk to combine. Add the oat milk and stir well.
- Next, add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir until just combined. Add the oats and continue mixing until combined.
- Add the raspberries and stir just until they are incorporated. Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, scoop out the batter into the muffin tins so its evenly distributed.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the muffins have begun to brown and a knife inserted into them comes out clean. Enjoy!