I don’t know about you, but thanksgiving was super delicious this year! We celebrated this past weekend with a Friendsgiving dinner on Friday and then Thanksgiving on Saturday. It was wonderful to eat so many nostalgic dishes — and this year a lot of friends brought vegan versions so it was great to enjoy almost everything on the menu!
But after a weekend of eating sweet potato casserole and pumpkin pie to our hearts desire, it’s time to get back on track this week with wholesome dinners. Especially since there will be more sweets and treats coming this month as Christmas is upon us.
This is a simple recipe of quinoa, kale and tofu that can easily be made on a weeknight, and leftovers packed for lunch. It’s hearty and warm — because that’s just want you want to eat when it’s cold outside — but also nutritious and healthful.
Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think down in the comments below!
(Makes 2 servings)
- About 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 250g tofu
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- Kale, about 6 branches
- Salt and pepper
- Sriracha, optional
For the tahini sauce :
- 1 tbs tahini
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 375°F or 190°C.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Cube the tofu and place in a bowl. Add 1 tsp of the sesame oil and the soy sauce and stir to combine.
- Place the tofu on a sheet pan and bake for about 10-15 minutes until brown and a bit crispy.
- In the mean time, mince the garlic and sauté over medium low heat with the other 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- While the garlic is cooking, rinse the kale and roughly chop into pieces. Add to the skillet with the garlic and cook until just wilted. Set aside.
- To make the tahini sauce, combine all ingredients together in a bowl and stir well with a fork. Add as much or as little water as you’d like, depending on the consistency of the sauce you prefer.
- To serve, place the quinoa and kale in a bowl. Top with tofu, tahini sauce, salt & pepper, and sriracha (optional) and enjoy this cozy, wholesome dinner!